Mobility scooters are innovative, practical and provide much-needed freedom and independence to users who might find it trickier as they get older to keep mobile. They are an important part of keeping active; however, general maintenance is required to ensure safety.
A mobility scooter has complex and moving parts; requiring service and repairs over the course of its lifetime. Scooters need to be tested to ensure optimal operation, prolonging the life of the device and ensuring the safety of you, the user.
Regular maintenance can WHEELIE make a difference! Take a look at our top tips below:
- Wheels - The wheels of a mobility scooter need to be serviced regularly to ensure there is no damage, wear and tear or risk to the user's health or safety. As the wheels connect with many different services over their lifetime, it is important to ensure they are not worn out and a potential hazard or risk to users.
- Brakes - These are another serviceable element, as the ability to stop safely and in good time is of the utmost importance.
- Batteries - Mobility scooters run on high powered batteries and these need to be serviced to ensure they are running at their full capacity and functioning correctly. Batteries also need to be checked for wear and tear and must conform to safety regulations as there is a fire risk to any consumable that requires battery power.
- Safety - Unauthorised modifications and maintenance can also be a risk as they can cause more damage to moving parts. Also, such unlicensed parts might not conform to safety regulations.
- Risk - As mobility scooters use electrical moving parts, there is the risk of electrical shock or hazard; regular maintenance will help to significantly reduce any electrical risks and keep users safe.
Ultimately, the main reasons to service mobility scooter products are to KEEP IT AND YOU SAFE and to ensure that the user is getting the best value for money out of their product.
Mobility scooters have become a welcome addition to many people’s lives and are frequently used, so they need to be tested to make sure they are both safe and in optimum working condition. With regular servicing at RB Mobility Services, mobility scooters can not only provide freedom, but a real sense of independence, and can be a fantastic stepping stone to living life to the full!
*10% WINTER DISCOUNT OFFER AT RB MOBILITY SERVICES*