Help With Choosing Your Mobility Equipment
With so many different models and options available it can be difficult to know where to start in choosing your mobility equipment.
For us the most important place to begin is with identifying what you need from your equipment to make sure it can cope with your everyday demands.
Our quick guide to choosing helps to whittle down your choices and find something that’s just right for you.
We are also more than happy to provide friendly advice drawn from our many years experience in the mobility industry.
Our guide to choosing mobility equipment
Before purchasing your equipment there are a number of key considerations that will inform your choice.
What are your basic needs?
- What type of journeys will you need it for? Short or long distance. To the shops and back along pavements. Or longer distance over a mix of smooth and rough terrain.
- How will you be transporting your equipment. Do you need it to fold up and fit in a car boot or on public transport?
- How much available space is there for storing your equipment at home?
- What budget do you have available?
Before purchasing we highly recommend test driving potential models to find out what suits you. We offer a try before you buy service where we bring mobility scooters, powerchairs and wheelchairs to your home.
When test driving it’s important to make sure:
- You can sit comfortably in the seat and that all the controls are within easy reach.
- There is sufficient space for you to put your legs.
- You can do all of the following things with the controls:
- Read the battery measure
- Recognise and understand all the controls
- Use buttons, switches and dials without pain or discomfort
- Read the speedometer (if there is one)
- You can make adjustments to the position of the tiller and the seat, on your own if necessary.
- You can slow down, stop, turn, reverse and steer round obstacles confidently.
- You feel safe and stable driving on a flat surface and on slopes.
- You can reach and grip the tiller to steer
To talk through your options and help find the most suitable product please feel free to call us on 01923 710055 or send us an enquiry.
call today on